Well, today we are going to provide you all the details about the visa process of India and the basic things you need to know. There are a couple of ways you can apply for Indian e visa, we’ll look at all those options. But you need to know that apart from e-visa, you can also apply through the Indian embassy in your country. If you are living in a major city in your country, there is a possibility that the city has an Indian embassy. You can go there with your documents and apply for an Indian visa.
But, if you are looking for a convenient way to apply, you should opt for e visa India. Yes, the Indian government allows all the foreign nationals to apply for a visa through their website. There are a total of 169 countries eligible to apply for an Indian visa online. The procedure is pretty simple but first, we have to take a look at the type of visa you can apply online.
Type of e visa to apply online
There are many types of e-visa are issued to the foreign nationals and here is the list.
- E-tourist visa
- E-Medical visa (one medical assistant can also get the visa)
- E-business visa
- E-conference visa
But, most of them opt for tourist or business visas as they are available for the long term and you can stay up to 90 with tourist or business visas. But people from the US, UK, Canada, and Japan can stay a max of 180 days continuously in India on these visas.
You will need to submit copies of the basic documents and they are listed below.
- Scanned copy of the passport bio page with photos and details.
- A passport size photograph to upload
- Letters from the hospital, organization, or institute in case of medical, business or conference visa.
Now, let’s look at the procedure to apply for e visa India online. Just follow these instructions and you will be able to apply for the Indian visa pretty easily.
These steps depict the application process of the Indian visa, just follow them.
- First, you need to go to the official website of Indian visa.
- Now, you have to click on the online application section and then click on the ‘Apply here for e-visa’ from the bottom of the next page.
- Then, you will have to fill out your form and enter all the details about yourself such as name, age, sex, passport details, etc.
- Upload your photo and supporting documents and pay the visa fee online using credit or debit cards.
- And then, receive the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) to your email in a few days’ time.
- Take a print out of the ETA and present it to the authorities when you land in India.
See, that was pretty easy to apply for the Indian visa online.